Introduction Karl-Johan Spiik
Karl-Johan coaches both leadership and IT systems development. Combined knowledge to modern work life, unsupervised teams and information technology forms a pioneering consultant preparing organizations for future.
Two-decade technical background combined with strong Agile experience and knowledge made Karl-Johan a great technology consultant and developer with Microsoft Cloud technologies. Almost a decade JCI active career and latest years enthusiasm to self-organizing teams gives ability to network and work self-managed in any environment.
Coming this far he knows how to plan future work life and use the tools correct ways. IT tools are abstract and can be modified to support organizations’ processes. With Karl-Johan it is possible to develop both tools and culture the same time.
|Skill||Level 1-5||Time Used||Last Used|
|Technology Architect role (30 projects)||5||15 years||2023|
|Scrum Master role (25 projects)||5||13 year||2022|
|SharePoint (Online)||5||16 years||2023|
|Office 365 (Microsoft 365)||4||9 years||2023|
|Azure and Azure integrations / extensions||4||4 years||2023|
|C# / .NET development||3||13 years||2023|
|Power Platform||3||4 years||2023|
|– Dynamics 365||4||4 years||2022|
|– Power Automate flow||5||4 years||2023|
|– Dataverse||4||4 years||2023|
|– Power Apps (Canvas App / Model Driven)||3||3 year||2023|
|– Power BI||1||3 year||2022|
|– Power Virtual Agents||1||3 year||2022|
Tietoevry, Lead SW Architect: 2023 ->
Starting new business area in Tietoevry Create Envineering department.
Entrepreneur at Karlex Oy
Working as technology consultant and leadership trainer combining all experience mentioned below.
Chief Executive Officer at Accost Developers 2020 – 2021
Working as the main coordinator for resources and coach for the developers to be rented or hunted to
Digital Illustrated, Consultant: 2021 – 2019
Working as a technology consultant, changing roles between architect, scrum master and consultant/ developer when needed. All projects with Microsoft 365, Power Platform and Azure. Independent role and possibility to scale company business with Agile and changing teams.
Tieto, Senior Solution Architect: 2019 – 2015
Working as technical architect and acting as scrum master. Projects done with SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure. Developer role was strong in the beginning but changed more towards overall architectural planning and project lead. Role supported department business strategies in role-based organization. Continuously collaborating with nearshore teams in Baltia and offshore teams in India.
Anders Innovations: Senior Solutions Architect 2015 – 2014
Working as Scrum Master and Architect in SharePoint and Office 365 projects. Role was to be like an entrepreneur and build new technology segment for company offer.
Affecto, Senior Developer / Software Designer: 2014 – 2007
Working as developer and architect in SharePoint and ASP.NET projects. Work educated towards Scrum Master role. Leading projects and mentoring juniors were part of the role. Acting as senior person in a team and support also company internal product development.
Digium, Software Designer trainee: 2007
Job was to work as a developer, execute given tasks with ASP and learn independent software design. Product development with company’s survey system.
Johnson Diversey Ltd, Helpdesk: 2005
Act as a help desk person, learning for work life and executes assigned tasks.
Junior Chamber International (JCI Airisto, JCI Finland)
Active role since 2012 in the leading global network of young active citizens in Finland. Membership and posts required acting in leader and responsible positions gathering experience of collaboration, motivation, and management between different people. Arranging conferences and other happenings to a big crowd.
National Communications and IT Systems: JCI Finland 2020 – 2019
Developing skills with change management. Bringing 2500 free time organization members among Office 365 technology. Building intranet on SharePoint and acting as customer for vendor delivering custom solutions. Leading virtually 20 members team consisting regional information officers and printed magazine production team.
IT manager positions: 2018 – 2013
Developing and leading regional and national IT work and systems. Positions consisted low level hand-on work and high-level design and strategic leadership.
Leadership path: 2017 – 2015
Managing a local association and leading the board as chairman. Represent the local association in regional and national meetings and conferences.
- School: Turku University of Applied Sciences
- Department: Business and ICT
- Degree: MBA – Master of Business Administration
- Major subject: Business Information Systems
- Timeline: 2011 – 2014 (BBA 2004 – 2007)
- Thesis: SharePoint and Scrum
Certificates / Courses
- Micorsoft SharePoint 2013 Developer, 3 days (2013)
- Certified ScrumMaster, May 11th 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Developer Ignite, 4 days (2010)
- Microsoft Academy 1000, 4 months (2007-2008)
- .Net Windows Workflow Foundation, 1 day (2008)
- MCTS: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Configuration (70-631)
- MCTS: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Application Development (70-541)
- MCTS: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Configuration (70-630)
- MCTS: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Application Development (70-542)
- MSTS: Microsoft Sharepoint 2010, Configuring (70-667)
- MSTS: Microsoft Sharepoint 2010, Application Development (70-573)
- MCPD: Microsoft Sharepoint 2010, SharePoint Developer (70-576)
- MCITP: Microsoft Sharepoint 2010, SharePoint Administrator (70-668)
- MCSE: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 (70-331)
- MCSE: Advanced Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 (70-332)
- MCSA: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 (70-417)
- MCSD: Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Core Solutions (70-488)
- MCSD: Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Advanced Solutions (70-489)
- MCSD: Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications (70-486)
- MCSA: Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements (70-346)
- MCSA: Enabling Office 365 Services (70-347)
- MC: Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900)
- MC: Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals (PL-900)
- Microsoft® Certified Solutions Developer
- Microsoft® Certified Solutions Associate
- Microsoft® Certified Solutions Expert
- Microsoft® Specialist
- Microsoft® Certified Professional
- Microsoft® Certified IT Professional
- Microsoft® Certified Professional Developer
- Microsoft® Certified Technology Specialist
- Microsoft® Certified
- Affecto Finland Oy Best project 2012, the main implementor
- Affecto Finland Oy, Turku Office, personnel club boards of directors, 2008 – 2011
- IT-Tradenomit ry (ICT-BBAs, a registered association under union of professional business graduates in Finland) boards of directors, 2009-2010
- Junior Chamber Airisto (JCI), Rookie of the year 2012,
- Junior Chamber Airisto (JCI), Executive board: Webmaster 2013
- Finland Junior Chamber International (JCI) Inc., R-ITM, Regional Information Technology Manager 2014
- Finland Junior Chamber International (JCI) Inc., National Webmaster 2014
- Council of Union of professional business graduates in Finland 2014 – 2017 (Tradenomiliiton valtuusto)
- Junior Chamber Airisto (JCI), Executive board: Deputy President 2015
- Junior Chamber Airisto (JCI), Executive board: President 2016
- Shift r.y, Executive board: Treasurer (CFO) 2015 – 2016
- Shift Business Festival, Technical manager for ticketing service Lyyti 2015 – 2016
- Airisto Junior Chamber International (JCI) Inc., Executive board: President 2016
- Airisto Junior Chamber International (JCI) Inc., Executive board: Immediate Past President 2017 (IPP)
- Finland Junior Chamber International (JCI) Inc., Regional Election Conference Manager (kokouspäällikkö)
- Finland Junior Chamber International (JCI) Inc., N-ITM, National Information Technology Manager 2018
- Finland Junior Chamber International (JCI) Inc., National Officer 2019, Communications
- Water cooperative Lemon Vesiosuuskunta, Executive board 2017-2019
- Site Safety Leader 2018-2019, Tieto Turku Office
- Finland Junior Chamber International (JCI) Inc., Senior Advisor Office 365, Communications team 2020
- Council of Union of professional business graduates in Finland 2020 – 2021 (Tradenomiliiton valtuusto)